I guess we are entering the blogisphere, so here goes! I managed to find out where the Mavericks were staying in Las Cruces for Tuesday's pre-season game, the first NBA game ever played in the state of New Mexico. After being thrown out of the hotel, a nice security guard suggested that we return around 8pm. We waited ouside for hours as the players returned a few at a time from dinner near the hotel. Jonathan got to meet almost the entire team! Except...for Dirk. We waited, and waited, and waited some more! Incidentally, no one else, not a single fan or member of the media was at the hotel besides us! After a couple of hours of waiting and meeting the occasional player, a couple of new Mavericks sent Dirk a message that he had a little fan waiting outside. Within minutes, there he was, just for Jonathan! You should have seen Jonathan! He was so excited! Dirk signed all of our jerseys, hats, and Jonathan's bunny (named Dirk). Then, Dirk picked him up for a picture! I can't believe Jonathan ever fell asleep once we got home - he said it was a dream come true and the best day of his life!
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
We did it- we met the Mavericks!
I guess we are entering the blogisphere, so here goes! I managed to find out where the Mavericks were staying in Las Cruces for Tuesday's pre-season game, the first NBA game ever played in the state of New Mexico. After being thrown out of the hotel, a nice security guard suggested that we return around 8pm. We waited ouside for hours as the players returned a few at a time from dinner near the hotel. Jonathan got to meet almost the entire team! Except...for Dirk. We waited, and waited, and waited some more! Incidentally, no one else, not a single fan or member of the media was at the hotel besides us! After a couple of hours of waiting and meeting the occasional player, a couple of new Mavericks sent Dirk a message that he had a little fan waiting outside. Within minutes, there he was, just for Jonathan! You should have seen Jonathan! He was so excited! Dirk signed all of our jerseys, hats, and Jonathan's bunny (named Dirk). Then, Dirk picked him up for a picture! I can't believe Jonathan ever fell asleep once we got home - he said it was a dream come true and the best day of his life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yea I am so excited!!!! I love the blog
Whoohoo! I can comment! I love your blog and love seeing your beautiful family with Dirk!
Hope all is well and I look forward to reading more!
Post a Comment